Saturday, September 5, 2009

Grandpa's Love Letter

I haven't mentioned anything about what's been going on around here lately. It's been a sad couple of weeks for my family. Both my grandparents past away within 10 days of each other. They were married for nearly 64 years and just couldn't stand to be apart. God is strengthening us and is helping us each to cope with our loss. I want to post a love letter that my grandpa wrote to my grandma. It was found a few years ago by my aunt. She had it printed and framed to hang in the nursing home where my grandma lived. Today, the original is folded in my grandma's hands.

My Love
It seems I am not able to, or cannot express fully by word the Great Love in my heart I feel for you. It runneth over and wants to burst from my body. You have given me four fine children which I love dearly (which at times) they may not think so, but nevertheless is so. I do not see how I can love you any more for that because you have it all now. I know not why I am writing you this except my heart is uring me to do this. It is all a quiver.

Love you My Darling,
Ralph

12 comments:

  1. A truly beautiful letter. What a wonderful love they shared. You are in my thoughts and prayers as I know you will miss them both dearly.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful love letter. I am sorry for your family's loss. I think you are right, it does seem they could not be apart for long. You'll be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely heartfelt letter! Love like that is something to be treasured, as is there memory. My prayers are with you family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such deep love & beauty held within those words. How wonderful you have this for all generations to enjoy.

    Have a beautiful weekend. TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing such a personal and treasured memory. I'm so sorry for the sadness of losing both of them so soon, but how wonderful and sweet that they loved each other so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing this. I am so sorry that you lost both your grandparents in such a short time. My heart goes out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like an old fashioned love letter, you know? I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandparents together (reminds me of the Notebook movie.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. As sad as this is, with the love they obviously had for each other, I hope you can find comfort in the fact that they are together again and for eternity. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet and romantic!! Sometimes I think romance has been lost in this day and age. Thank you for sharing something so personal and bless all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking of you and thank you so much for sharing this lovely note. It's so nice that you will always have that to remind you of their love. My heart goes out to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry for your loss, but am touched by the depth of love your grandparents shared...what a blessing it must have been to your family to grow up surrounded by that love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing testiment to their love. Blessing to all of you. Thanks for sharing this demonstration of great love. So sad that some people never share this with another.
    I found you throught Bays and am so glad that I did.~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete